Delicious Blackberry Pie Bars
Don’t ya just love Pie Bars? I am very swiftly getting obsessive about them. I have certainly not quit completely on pie. Possibly it’s a seasonal type of preference. Whatever these pies caught my fancy and i decided to adapt the recipe for you. By the way i really like to hear your feedback, just comment below, i answer all questions. Also let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to bake.
Delicious Blackberry Pie Bars Ingredients:
For The Crust:
1 1/2 Cups of Flour
3/4 Cup of raw Sugar
1/8 Tsp of Sea salt
3/4 Cup ofvery cold whole cream Unsalted Butter, Sliced Into Cubes
For The Filling:
2 Very Large Eggs
1 Cup of Raw Sugar
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of Flour
Small Pinch of Sea salt
16 Oz of Fresh organic Blackberries
Delicious Blackberry Pie Bars Instructions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Next line an 8 X 8 inch baking pan using some aluminum foil, making sure the aluminum foil extends a few inches on both of the opposite sides. Carefully spray using non-stick cooking spray
3. Create the crust by putting into the bowl of your food processor the all-purpose flour, the sugar and the sea salt. Pulse for approximately Half a minute to blend and combine all of the ingredients. Next add the cubed full cream cold butter and then pulse until the cold butter cubes are around the size of small peas. Take out 3/4 cup of this mixture so as to use as your topping and then put aside until it will be needed. Place the remainder of the crumb mix straight into the prepared pan and firmly press into the pan. Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes or until you see the edges beginning to turn a nice golden color. allow to Cool fully.
4. Create the filling by combining together, using a large bowl, the eggs, the sugar , the sour cream, the flour and sea salt mixing until combined. Distribute the berries using a single layer onto the cooled crust. Next, spoon the filling batter all over the fresh berries.
5. Equally distribute the set aside crumb mixture onto the top of the filling. Then bake for about 45 – 55 minutes, or right until the filling has just begun to turn golden and then set it aside. Cool the bars fully using a baking rack and then place into the fridge if desired.