Snickers Fudge Brownies with Sweet Caramel Topping
These Snickers Fudge Brownies are made using healthy Spelt flour, however any flour is fine. And topping them with a thick and HEALTHY caramel topping, along with melted chocolate.
- ¼ cup light butter/coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup peanut and cacao spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour (or plain/all purpose)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup low fat vanilla yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh pitted Medjool dates (approx 5 dates)
- ⅛ cup sweetener/sugar of choice
- ⅛ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (can be sugar free – sub with agave or rice malt syrup)
- 2 tablespoons milk or dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 176c | 350F. Spray a 8×8-inch baking pan with oil spray, wipe over with a paper towel, and set aside.
- Whisk butter/oil, sweetener/sugar, water, spread, yoghurt and vanilla extract until combined. Add flour, baking powder cocoa powder and yoghurt. Mix well with a wooden spoon, but be careful not to over beat. The batter will be thick but smooth.
- Pour batter into baking tray and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- While brownies are baking, make caramel topping. Throw dates, sweetener/sugar, milk and vanilla into a food processor. Process for approx 5 minutes, scraping down the sides with a spatula, until smooth and thick. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring between intervals with a metal fork.
When brownies are done, remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before placing onto a wire rack. Top with caramel topping and drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle peanuts on top! ENJOY!